A safe will offer the best protection if it is bolted down, but what if you need to shift it?
In that case, one of the immediate questions is how to remove a safe bolted to the floor.
This article is all about how to do this task effectively without any effort.
So without wasting any more time, let us begin –
How To Remove A Safe Bolted To The Floor?
You can easily remove a safe bolted to the floor; the first step is to ensure that the safe is empty and the combination or key is available for unlocking it. Then, the safe should be unbolted from the floor using appropriate tools such as a pry bar or jackhammer; if it is too heavy, then take the help of a professional.
This was a short answer to the question, but if you want to know all the points, read this helpful guide.
Points on removing a safe bolted to the floor-
- Gather the necessary tools: You will need a drill, a hammer, a pry bar, a socket wrench, and a chisel.
- Drill out the locking bolts: Start by drilling out the locking bolts that secure the safe to the floor. Use a drill bit that is slightly larger than the bolts to make the process easier.
- Pry up the safe: Use the pry bar to lift the safe off the floor once the bolts are removed. If the safe is too heavy to lift, you may need to use a dolly or enlist the help of others.
- Remove the anchor bolts: Use a socket wrench to remove the anchor bolts from the floor. If the bolts are stuck, you may need a hammer to loosen them.
- Fill the holes: After removing the safe, fill the holes in the floor with concrete or epoxy to prevent tripping hazards and maintain the floor’s integrity.
- Wear protective gear: It is essential to wear protective gear, such as gloves and eye protection when working with power tools and heavy objects.
- Plan the removal: Before attempting to remove the safe, plan the process carefully. Consider the weight and size of the safe, the type of flooring, and any obstacles or hazards that may be present.
- Use proper technique: When lifting the safe, use proper lifting techniques to avoid injury. Bend at the knees and keep your back straight, and use your legs and arms to lift the safe.
- Consider hiring a professional: If the safe is very heavy or difficult to remove, or if you need more confidence in your ability to do it safely, consider hiring a professional locksmith or safe removal service to do the job for you.
- Dispose of the safe responsibly: Once removed, dispose of it responsibly. Many municipalities have specific rules for disposing of large items like safes, so check local regulations before discarding the safe.
After removing your safe will always be beneficial if you again bolt it down in the new place.
As bolting down a safe offers the best protection when it is bolted and has many advantages like-
Advantages of bolting a safe-
- Security: Bolting down a gun safe makes it much more difficult for thieves to steal the safe or remove its contents. With the ability to move the safe, a thief will be able to spend more time and effort trying to break into the safe, which increases the risk of being caught.
- Stability: A gun safe bolted down to the floor is much more stable and less likely to tip over, even in an earthquake or other natural disaster. This can help protect both the safe and its contents from damage.
- Fire Protection: Bolting down a gun safe can also provide additional fire protection, as it helps to prevent the safe from falling over and exposing its contents to heat and flames.
- Safety: It prevents accidental tipping or movement of the safe, which can help protect the safe and those around it from injury.
Now if you are clear on what are the advantages of bolting out the safe and if interested in know the best gun safe that can be bolted then check this article-
Now we hope that you must have got an idea of how to remove a safe bolted to the floor.
If you liked please help us to spread the word about it.
Till then keep reading our other helpful articles.
Have a nice day.